Re: Value of BGTs?/Letter to the Editor

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Value of BGTs?/Letter to the Editor
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 04:12:53 +1030
"Paul M." wrote:

> --- Jack Feldman <qualitas@millenicom.com> wrote:
> > I noticed in the latest Classics and Motorsport that
> > the in some cases the BGT
> > is more valuable than the roadster. Do you
> > think the GT really is worth more?
>
> I think the article was highlighting "cars that might
> appreciate".  The GT has a couple of serious selling
> points over the roadster when it comes to
> collectibility:

As I have said on this list before, the GT is always harder to sell here
in Australia - and generally sells for a couple of thousand dollars less
than the roadster.

But while we aren't on the subject, if any of you want to buy something
that may well increase in value why don't you import this from Australia
(or should that be BACK from Australia as it comes from the US in the
first place).

http://www.mgsales.com.au/mgble.html

It has been sitting there in the shop for years and I reckon if you ask
them you will get a good deal on it just now <hint><hint>.  Forget
Clausagers... this is the real thing (compare it to the LE that the guy
was selling on eBay).  Yep, genuine 42 miles on the clock! :-)

No financial interest but they are mates of mine and do lots of the work
on my cars.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII