RE: restoring interior vinyl

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: restoring interior vinyl
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:19:47 -0800 (PST)
--- "mmorris@nemr.net" <mmorris@nemr.net> wrote:
> I used a brush and soap and water then used a
> product called something like
> "Back to Black"

Back to Black is good.  There is also "Forever Black",
which - unlike the other products mentioned - is
actually a dye.  It works pretty well for harder black
plastic and related trim that has faded or turned
greyish.  I used it on my Alfa's bumpers and it
brought them back to a rich, deep black.  You have to
be careful to make sure you get a very even
application (otherwise it looks like you brushed black
paint on the trim), but if you're careful, the results
are really good.

As an aside, you want to know something typically
"Alfa Romeo" about my Spider?  The bumpers are
two-piece plastic jobbies, with one part sort of
silvery gray and one part black.  The black part is
actually a medium gray plastic that is subsequently
painted back, and the silvery gray part is actually a
black-colored plastic painted light gray!  How stupid
is THAT?  Why not just use gray plastic for the gray
part and black plastic for the black part?  Because
the way it is, both sides fade and scratch and look
different from what they are supposed to look like.

Cracks me up...

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005