Re: 6 MGB GTwiring questions

To: MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 6 MGB GTwiring questions
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:15:12 -0600
<<<snip>>>
I have 6 questions I hope you all can answer for me.
1. Which company should I buy a Quality wiring harness from? 1a. approx.
cost?
2. Is it 'relatively' easy to install by a new car mechanic? who has
agreed
to help me.
<<<snip>>>
Wiring is wiring.  Patience, a wiring diagram, and a VOM meter is all
that is needed besides the usual tools.

<<<Snip>>>
3. Should I take the seats and carpet out to make it easier?
(I'm planning on  taking these out anyways to clean the floor pan area
etc).
<<<snip>>>
I would think so.  It's easier on my TD and MGA

<<<snip>>>
4. How long does it 'normally' take to do a neat job?
<<<snip>>>
Plan on twice as long as you think and add another 100%.

<<<snip>>>
6. Do you suggest I incorporate a 4 blade type fuse block? If so where
should I purchase such an item?
<<<Snip>>>
I believe this car still uses the old glass tube type.  So, rather than
mix types I would get the same style if fusing more circuits.  You can
get them at Radio Shack.

Blake