Re: Rear end swap

To: "Dan Furbish" <Barn.Owl@verizon.net>, "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear end swap
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:25:23 -0000
Yes, they should both be tube-type.  If you are changing between wires and
steel wheels you will need to change the handbrake cable as well.  Roadster
rear brake cylinders are smaller diameter than GT to give less braking
effect at the rear to prevent lockups, if you keep these on your GT you will
lose some braking effort overall.  You can't just change the cylinders over
as the locating peg is in a different place, you will either need to redrill
the backplates or change the backplates and cylinders over complete.  GT
springs were a higher load rating for the greater weight, you should keep
these or you will probably get bottoming.

PaulH.