starter

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: starter
From: "Richard" <ramsmgb@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:17:41 -0700
Max, no need to lecture Dennis. I believe that he was on the right track to
remove the starter from underneath the car as I have always done it. You
just need to get the top bolt almost out, then the bottom bolt all the way.
Then take out the top bolt while you are supporting the starter with one
hand. Sometimes I have wedged a towel in between the starter and the body of
the car. You do have to undo the slave cylinder, but I have always been able
to leave it hanging. To reinstall I wedge it into place with a towel and
then put in the top bolt from up on top. Then crawl underneath and put in
the lower bolt. Then reconnect the slave cylinder and your wiring and you
are good to go.

Rich
72 MGB
Tucson, AZ