Re: Horn

To: "David Schure" <dschure@c-c-p.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Horn
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:12:25 -0000
I have a MotoLita where the horn-push came with the wheel, but different
makes tend to differ.  One side of the horn switch is connected to a set of
springs round the periphery of the push which makes an electrical connection
to the metal of the wheel and hence the column to pick up the ground as well
as physically holding it in.  The other side of the switch is hard-wired to
the slip-ring.

I think the column side of the factory switch and wheel connects in much the
same way as the MotoLita, but the horn side utilises a spring-loaded 'stick'
which connects the underside of the switch to the top-side of the slip-ring.

If you have a loose wire on the horn push then that needs to be connected to
the slip-ring such that it doesn't foul the fixed contact on the column that
slides on the slip-ring as the wheel is turned.

Hope this helps,
Paul.