Re: MGB Replacement gas tank

To: Jason Spaeth <jasonspaeth@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Replacement gas tank
From: kmwheeler@ualr.edu
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:00:21 -0600
With regards to "slopping earl" (or "spraying used motor oil" for those on the
east coast, those on the west probably don't have used motor oil, the recycling
hippies/fairies make it magically go away, right?), Jason Spaeth said:

> I would think that this would just pick up dust and create a real
> mess???

Um, I'd think it'd look pretty much like every place else on a leaky MG.  :)
(Arg. Or Range Rover for that matter.  -- at least MG leaks don't stink
like gear oil.  Two words:  transfer case.)

I've got a mechanic friend who, every time I see a rusty bracket or some such
and want to clean, paint, powder coat, replace with custom titanium or
whatever, just says -- "ah, rub a little bit of oil on it!" (Which is funny
because
he does some of the most fantastic restorations...but then he's also very
practical
about daily drivers, well, or as practical as a man who owns Ford Anglias can
be!)

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary