Re: Third place Novice

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Third place Novice
From: Jon Tabor <sentar@www.nwscan.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:49:30 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, philip.s.jones wrote:

> Well, Hello all.  Just thought I'd try to amuse you a little.  Last Friday my
> wife Kathy and I participated in the monthly Friday Night Rally put on by some
> local clubs (http://www.teamhightower.com/nwrc/).  It was Kathy's first rally
> - usually I have my Dad as the navigator, but this time he also had his wife
> Shellia as a navigator in his 74 BGT.  Kathy and I were in our 72 BGT.  I
> thought that it would maybe be good for some fun family competition.  My
> mistake.

Hey, glad you guys had a good time!  My wife always says that if a husband
and wife survive TSD rallys together, there is nothing they can't
overcome.  Even with a number of years of rallies under our belts, my wife
will still not run a rally in a car without a somewhat reliable odometer,
which rules out the MGs.  To her, it's just added stress that really isn't
needed.

The first rally I ever ran was the Raindrop rally up in your neck of the
woods, some years ago (6? 7?).  I ran it with a good friend of mine in my
71 BGT.  My parents ran in their 70 BGT.  I finished in 22nd place,
nowhere near a podium finish for any class.  But I beat Mom & Dad...

And hey, if I ever get one of the MGs fired up again (gotta get a house
with a garage...), perhaps I'll venture the few hours North and run a
Seattle event.  Perhaps I'll see you there?

At any rate, congrats on 3rd in class!

--
Jon Tabor