Re: do i need to remove the brake master to get to the clutch

To: michaelwjose@hotmail.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: do i need to remove the brake master to get to the clutch
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:50:08 EST
Mike,
I'm pretty sure you can get to the clutch master cylinder by removing the top
of the pedal box.  When I bought my "B" I thought the slave cylinder was bad
so I replaced that and bled the system.  I thought the clutch master was bad
too, but topping it up and driving it was all that was needed.  It's been
working ever since.  Did you try refilling the master cylinder and pumping the
pedal?  That is sometimes good for a few miles.  You might avoid the tow.
Good Luck!
Donny V
1978 MGB

In a message dated 3/17/2004 7:11:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,