Re: The tachometer

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The tachometer
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:26:47 -0800
You can maintain the look of your original tach by buying one of the small
(2") aftermarket tachs, and installing its guts using the shell, faceplate
and needle from your original tach. So long as its faceplate had the same
"sweep" (270 degrees is typical) it will read correctly. This replacement
tach had the "4-6-8" switch, as I'm sure they all do.

I have been running this setup for over ten years, after my original tach
failed to survive the negative ground conversion.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149