Re: electrical problem

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: electrical problem
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:46:38 -0600
   Funny you should ask that.  ;^)  My horns quit working during a
recent rain. So the next time it's sunny, I start trouble shooting
amongst the wiring just behind the grill, figuring wet/corrosion has set
in again (I rewired much of that stuff with new bullet connectors early
on in my ownership of the car).  No joy.  I wind up back at the fuse
block, remove two perfectly good fuses and reinstall them, disconnect
and reconnect the wires going forward and the horns are working again.
Surface corrosion, eh?

   My advice: Clean up all the fuse block connections with fine emery
cloth, including the fuses and fuse holders and save the 30 bucks for
beer and petrol.

   Cheers,

    CR