RE: electrical problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: electrical problem
From: Mike Lins <linsmc@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:25:33 -0800 (PST)
What about tightening the rivets back up by using a hammer and punch?
I've done that with loose rivets on other applications but I haven't tried it
on the fuse box. It's just that you'd need to find a way to support the other
side of the rivet, or you might bust the fuse box.

...just an idea

Mike Lins

James Nazarian <jhn3@uakron.edu> wrote:
When the rivets between the fuse holder and the spade connectors wear they
become loose and intermittent. I have experienced it on more than one
restoration. So yes it does happen and no it isn't a stupid question

If you clean them well you could probably solder over the rivets as a
temporary fix.