Re: Oil Pressure Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Question
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 07:00:55 -0800 (PST)
--- David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net> wrote:
> I went ahead and replaced the pressure relief
> valve... I used the up-rated spring

This reminds me of a question I always wanted to ask
the list:

What is the theroetical (and real) advantage of
fitting the uprated oil pressure relief spring?  It
ups the oil pressure, yes, but if the engine is
fundamentally healthy anyway, it there any advantage
to doing it?  I have good oil pressure (once warm,
it's about 25 psi at idle and about 60-65 with any
revs on), so would the uprated spring do anything good
for the engine?

Thanks in advance,

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com