Re: Oil Pressure Question

To: rowman22001@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Question
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:32:16 -0500
Paul,
  There's no advantage to using the uprated spring for normal driving.
Although Mae West is credited with saying that  "Too much of a good thing
is never enough", that's not necessarily true of oil pressure.
   Since it takes a certain amount of power to pump the oil, it takes
more power to pump it harder (agaist more resistance = pressure) .
Enough, per the book, will do just fine.
   60-65 psi at revs with hot 20-50 may be indicating some wear on the
big-end bearings. Nothing to worry about now, however, maybe next winter.

Bob