Re: Rain-X was Windshield Wiper Problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rain-X was Windshield Wiper Problem
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 13:59:17 +1030
Paul Hunt wrote:

> On a long trip with a friend he gave me his to try.  It was a wet day, we
> had stopped at a petrol station, and under the canopy I dried the screen and
> applied it as best I could in less than ideal conditions.  I was amazed at
> how the rain beaded and just rolled off the screen from quite moderate
> speeds upwards.  And I'm sure I still need to use the wipers less on the
> roadster (which had the Rain-X) than the V8, even though it only had one
> application, and that was in 1996!

All of us use Rain-X at the track (and, at least me, everywhere else)
and the only time I have ever had to use the wipers at the track has
been when serious dirt or oil builds up on the windscreen, thrown up
from cars in front... or if I throw the car off the track, in the wet.
On the roads I still need the wipers at slow speeds (below 50kmh).

Wonderful invention and an essential kept in my toolkit at all times
(just in case I need to re-apply it when away from home).

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII