Re: Need Carb heat shield backing material

To: "John Graham" <theklube@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need Carb heat shield backing material
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:29:55 -0500
John,
I was having the same difficulty on a 79B.  I used two or three
thicknesses(?) of a manifold gasket material that was designed for motor
homes. It has a piece of metal sandwiched inside gasket material. I riveted
a washer or two between each layer and attached this to the heat shield
metal frame. Two years and no overheating problems.

Monte
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG
          74 1/2 Rust, parts car