Re: auto polish

To: MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net>, MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: auto polish
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:40:32 -0700 (PDT)
--- MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net> wrote:
> Can you use the polymer based car polish (i.e.
> "wax") over a wax coat, or
> does the wax need removed first?

You're right on all counts.  The wax should be removed
before using the polymer (it won't really hurt
anything, but you'll get the best gloss and protection
that way) and Dawn is a great way to get it off.  Dawn
is very easy on the paint, so it's a good choice.

> Does the polishing clay that removes overspray also
> remove the clear coat on
> a car?

Properly used, the clay won't damage your clear coat,
and it will create a wonderful, smooth, clean surface
for the polymer wax.  Just make sure you keep it well
lubricated, because if it starts grabbing, it gets
messy in a hurry.

I did both steps on my MGB and the shine is amazing.
I use Klasse car polish, and if I keep the car clean
with plain cold water, I only have to polish it about
twice a year.

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005