Re: How do I work the rocker switches on a '77-'80 MGB

To: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Subject: Re: How do I work the rocker switches on a '77-'80 MGB
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 08:43:40 -0400
Albert,
   Strange to say, a switch can be either  top-on or bottom-on.   The
visible rocker can be reversed so that the invisible inner workings are
moving as you prefer.   I puzzled over that question for some time until
I took two switches apart.  Their internals are identical, but the
rockers can be ( and were) installed in either orientation.
    My suggestion is that you set them up so that the internal
illumination is on when the switch is on.
Bob

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:07:12 EDT Aeseeyou@aol.com writes:
> Question...
> On the dash of the 1977-'80 MGB you have two rocker switches. Are
> they  activated by pushing the top part in (the top part being the one
> that says Hazard or  Fan) Or are they switched on by pushing the bottom
part in. My two rocker  switches have always been  with the top part of
the rocker switch