fuel pump leak

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: fuel pump leak
From: dave houser <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 07:55:51 -0400
When it rains, it pours it seems. While working on the TD's water pump
replacement, the 67 BGT fuel pump decides to get in on the act. Anybody
have the later neg. ground SU pump leak from the round dome on it's end?
Came back from filling the car 2 days ago and noticed a stain on the
cardboard I have under the car. Saw it leaking from under that bolt that
holds the cover on and attempted to tighten a bit. Not good, now a drip,
drip. Put a flat gas can under it to catch the gas temporarily. I will
now drain the gas tank. What can I do, short of replacing the pump, to
seal that cover or the bolt holding it down?
TIA,
Dave