Re: fuel pump leak

To: mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: Re: fuel pump leak
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 09:11:54 -0400
Dave,
  Probably a leaking diaphram, if it's leaking from the dome at the end
where the wire connects.  Replace it, since sealing the cap will only
retain gasoline in and around the points that activate the pump.
   Do 67s drain the tank if fuel pump is removed?  That doesn't happen to
later cars.  Even so, you could avoid draining the tank if you had a
short piece of fuel hose one end of which fits the tank fitting and the
other end plugged with a bolt. Pull off fuel pump's hose to tank and
quickly force this temporary hose into place.
Bob

he 67 BGT fuel pump decides to get in on the act.