Re: Electronic ignition

To: "Don Vierling" <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic ignition
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 09:18:42 +0100
Neither do I, especially when they are the so-called 'Eurospec' distributor
which were curved for high-compression engines.  Even worse, some vendors
describe what they are selling as 'Eurospec' even though they have a different
reference used on UK spec cars.  Having said that, *any* distributor can be
adjusted so it doesn't cause pinking, but the curve' will only be correct at
one point along its length, sacrificing performance and economy everywhere
else.  If your distributor is in good mechanical condition with no slop in the
shaft or rotor the better bet would be to get a used 45D distributor of any
reference number and transfer the upper part of the shaft and points plate
over.

PaulH.