Re: Rear Axle Breather Valve

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Axle Breather Valve
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:14:51 -0700
That's it. The base tube is threaded into the axle housing. The cap is
separate and probably rotates freely, so you have to grab it by the base.
It's plastic so don't bear down with the visegrips <g> -- it really should
only be finger-tight.

I believe the cap actually snaps off, but it is more likely you will just
get more dirt in it trying to clean it "in situ", so I would recommend
removing it entirely to examine on the bench.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149