Re: Tach Problem

To: Timfboston@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tach Problem
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:13:16 -0600
At 04:29 PM 5/20/2004 -0400, Timfboston@aol.com wrote:
>I have a bizzare problem with my tach.  The tach works great except
>occasionally on very HOT days if the gauge is baking in the sun the needle
>will read 1-2K higher.  If I park in the shade everything is OK.  Any ideas?
>
>Thanks
>Tim
>1971 MGB

Does the tach occassionally peg when you first turn on the power? I had
both these problems with my 71BGT and just ignored them as annoyances.
However, since I have transplanted all my 71BGT parts into a 72B, I was
able to determine that the problem is definitely in the tach. I still had
the problem with the tach in the new car but it went away when I used the
tach that came with the 72.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B