Re: Tach Problem

To: Timfboston@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tach Problem
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 10:53:28 -0600
At 11:12 AM 5/22/2004 -0400, Timfboston@aol.com wrote:
>Yes, it does occasionally peg.  I'll swap out with a different tach one of
>these days.  And I thought my car was unique?

I always figure that no matter what the problem is, chances are someone
else has had a similar problem. And sometimes, they may already know the
fix. So every once in a while, if my car has a weird problem, I just run
the idea across the list to see if someone else has been there.

Like this tach problem - someone posted a web page that indicates replacing
the capacitor may be the fix. I've done a lot of such fixes in the past on
circuit boards so its second nature for me. So keep your old tach around,
there still may be life left in it. I'm not sure when I'll try replacing
the capacitor in mine since my spare is working great but I'll get to it
eventually. Likely a winter project so it may be another four or five
months, since winter has just about ended again (we may see some snow this
weekend but it shouldn't stay on the ground long).

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B