Turn signal switch

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Turn signal switch
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 19:20:24 -0400
Gents, Over the weekend I found the source of most of the PO's wiring on the
78B.  The detent in the turn signal switch that holds the switch in the high
and low beam positions is broken.  For this reason, and who knows what
others, the PO removed the ignition switch and wired a new one that hangs on
the floor and then removed the wires from both headlight switches and
connected them to the new ignition switch.  He then ran new wires up to the
front of the car and cut and crimped the old ones onto the new.  I never
have, and probably never will understand why people do the things they do.
I also don't understand why someone can cut the factory wiring up and crimp
new wires in, but can't trim the extra 10 feet of replacement wire that they
instead leave in a ball under the master cylinders.

But I digress, what I really need is this little plastic detent.  The car is
going to be a driver and it is beyond the budget to buy the $100 switch.
Ideally I would like to buy a non working switch that I could cannibalize
this one part from, but I do need something.  Anybody have one to sell?

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer