Re: steering rack alignment (now shock and camber shimming)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: steering rack alignment (now shock and camber shimming)
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 01:04:12 +1030
Larry Daniels wrote:

> I find it odd that the hot
> ticket with the vintage racing MGB crowd seems to be a
> 7/8" or even 1" front bar with NO rear bar whatsoever.
>  In my mind, if I put a 7/8" front bar on my
> currently-well-balanced MGB and no rear bar, it would
> probably start pushing pretty noticeably...

The initial reason for my 7/8" front sway bar was to try to keep both
rear wheels on the ground as much as possible.  Without a limited slip
diff (which I now have) it was frightening to see the tach go redline
around hard corners as you kicked a rear wheel in the air.

Now, I just love the sensation of my teeth rattling in my head.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII