Re: SU solid state fuel pumps for MGA

To: "Michael LoSapio" <myklos@stny.rr.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU solid state fuel pumps for MGA
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:08:26 +0100
Wouldn't touch one again.  My V8 came with one and was fine for a while, but
then started playing up, short-stroking causing fuel starvation, and
deciding when it was and wasn't going to work.  !2v and ground supply at the
pump terminals was fine.  Once it started playing up I was stranded until it
decided to start working again, and after a couple of times I took it off
and replaced it with a refurbished points type which has been no trouble.
That had been on my roadster and started playing up - points as usual, but
responded to a quick thump which kept it going again for several days, until
I eventually replaced it with a proper SU points type which has also been no
further bother.  Stick (pun not intended) with points.

PaulH.