Re: Getting back on track (was Alternatives to de-smogging)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Getting back on track (was Alternatives to de-smogging)
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 12:48:59 -0500
Matthew Hale wrote:

    SNIP

 > We own MGs for emotional reasons, not practical
 > reasons.  So we are tainted....

    I drive it because it's an affordable fun drive.  So what am I
tainted by?  Fun?

 > Why else would I have a car that doesn't run, cost more money then my
daily
 > driver and need a support group to boot!

     If you MGB doesn't run you have only yourself to blame.  If you
renew/repair it correctly and not on the cheap, it's as reliable as any
other car.  My '69 B hasn't given me a lick of trouble in the last 3
years.  OOPS, I had to replace the battery last fall but I don't think
that's unique to the marque.

 > Now to get back on track:  What type of fuel economy are people
getting in
 > their MGs right now and how much is a tank of gas costing?

     My B gets around 23 mpg running around town.  It averaged 27 mpg on
the last long trip.

    Cheers,

     CR