Re: Crank Shaft Pulley, Clutch plumbing, Engine Paint

To: "Jason Spaeth" <jasonspaeth@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Crank Shaft Pulley, Clutch plumbing, Engine Paint
From: "Dave Wood" <dwood143@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:28:51 -0700
Jason,

When the rubber deteriorates on the pulley, the two pieces can and do turn
on each other throwing off the timing marks.  This has happened to my 72 and
probably lots of other MG owners have the same problem.  Moss lists the
pulley as NA with their number being 433-695.  I believe the rubber is there
as a dampener, thus the harmonic dampener designation for the crankshaft
pulley.  If the pulley turns on itself too much you could have a real
problem.  If you find a solution or source for replacement pulleys please
pass it on.

Dave 72 B