Re: Plexi Anyone?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <scottinthestans@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Plexi Anyone?
From: "Don Vierling" <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:48:08 -0400
Scott,
Plexiglass is relatively easy to work with.  I once shortened a curved
motorcycle fairing windshield by cutting about 3 inches off on a
band-saw and then sanding, wet sanding and polishing the edge.  You can
even buff plexiglass with polishing compound to get out scratches.  The
place you get the plexiglass from can probably cut it for you.  If not,
any well equipped wood shop should be able to do it.  (I don't remember
what blade was in my band-saw, but it was probably a fine-tooth wood
blade.)  I suppose you could cut it with a sabre saw or by hand if
necessary.

Good luck!
Donny V
78 MGB

>>> "S Allen" <scottinthestans@hotmail.com> 6/22/2004 1:14:05 PM >>>

Hi,

Anyone know a place that can cut a piece of plexiglass?  The wind
deflector
on my BGT's sunroof broke and the manufacturer, (Webasto) no longer
makes
them.

I figure I can just have a new pice cut, but I don't know anyone that
does it.

Any help appreciated.

-Scott