Re: Rubber to Chrome

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rubber to Chrome
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:51:01 -0700 (PDT)
--- Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu> wrote:

> Here in Washington, we still need a front license plate.

Aaron -

The law here (WA) is that front plates are only required on cars
produced in years when front plates were required.  For a while in
the 70s, they were not required.  They didn't even give you tabs
for the front plates you had.  I seem to recall that ended some
time in the early 80s.  I got a warning around 1986 for not having
a front plate on my 1968 BMW 1800-02ti and I ended up bolting it,
horizontally, onto the bumper using an old driving light hole.
No complaints after that!  If 75 is one of the years that front
plates weren't required, you're safe.  Although you may be asked
to explain the finer points of the law to Officer Friendly on
occasion.  Keep a copy of the relevant RCW pages in your glove
compartment!

=====
David Breneman              david_breneman@yahoo.com