Re: car storage ideas please!

To: "shop" <shop@ferndownelectrical.ath.cx>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: car storage ideas please!
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 16:15:52 +0100
If you can't erect a carport either (open sides and front) then I would
settle for a cockpit cover which will at least stop driving rain from
blowing in round the hood/top and windows (assuming a roadster, GTs are not
usually a problem in my experience).  I wouldn't recommend an all-over cover
as most waterproof ones trap moisture underneath, and even the so-called
breathing ones will fret the paintwork in the wind.  But even the cockpit
cover, unless the car is being used daily, will allow some dampness to get
inside the cockpit which will eventually cause mould.  AFAIK the inflatable
CarCoon type are usually meant for use in a garage and with a power supply
to keep the thing inflated, but there are folding garages from companies
like Cover Systems which stand clear of the bodywork, unless high winds are
likely to be a problem.  Nothing other than a brick garage will protect
against vandalism damage, as far as theft goes there are any number of alarm
and immobiliser systems to choose from.

PaulH.