Re: car storage ideas please!

To: "shop" <shop@ferndownelectrical.ath.cx>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: car storage ideas please!
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 12:10:48 -0400
> Hoping for some good sensible ideas from you guys about how to
> store my pride and joy... I'm soon moving to a new house that has
> no garage but has an open (enclosed by wall and gates) courtyard
> at the front for my use only...

<SNIP>

> Please guys... any ideas??

Yup, but no laughing at this.  Have you considered a car condom?  Apparently
durable to the elements (including heavy snows), the nitrogen atmosphere
inside the condom keeps rust progression to a minimum... and totally
enclosed.

http://www.carcondoms.com/

My TR6 will probably end up in a condom this winter...

A more expensive solution would be a self storage facility with a 10x20 or
10x25 foot unit.  I went this route this past winter, the cost for me $125 a
month for a 10x25.  Find a relatively new storage facility, with an
insulated ceiling, and your space will stay really dry.

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke
Wishbone Classics