Morgan parts

To: MGaholics <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Morgan parts
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 21:05:15 -0500
I went down to Kansas City over the weekend, for a funeral of the Mother
of a friend. Good trip bad reason.

Anyway, I was talking to my friend's Dad. And somehow we got talking
cars. He's an old car guy. Hasn't been in in a long time. He used to
have an XK-120 (I think, maybe a 150). And a '37 Morgan +4.

Anyway. He still has some Morgan parts. A rear axle and a transmission.
He's thinking it's time to get rid of them. Pretty uncharacteristic of
him as he's a big time pack rat. We told him e-bay is a probably a good
start. Someone has to want these parts.

I don't know condition. They've probably been sitting for 40-50 years.
I've known him since '72 or so. And he was well out of the cars by then.

He told me that he'd bought a wreaked Morgan, like a '38 or '39 and put
this axle on '37. And it was 1/2 or 1 inch wider, but worked fine. So
width could be an issue.

Any ideas on worth?

Paul.

P.S. BTW, roads are so much better layed out in KC than the Twin Cities.
4 lanes all the way around. We barely have 2. And they are generally
over-crowded.