Re: Your OTHER cars

To: Larry Daniels <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Your OTHER cars
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 17:56:51 -0700 (PDT)
--- Larry Daniels <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> 1) What OTHER fun cars do you have tucked away?

A 1987 Alfa Romeo Graduate.  Not a bad car, really.
But if I were going to buy another Alfa, it would
probably be a GTV 1750.

We also own a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, but
it's about as fun as getting a spinal tap.  What a
piece of crap.  The only good thing about owning the
Jeep is that I get to see first hand exactly why the
American auto industry is slowly going into the tank.

> 2) What other fun car would you LIKE to have?

I'd like to own a Porsche 914/6 at some point.  I love
the 2.0L Porsche 6-cylinder (so nice and
free-revving), and if I ever got a wild hair, it would
be fun to build a 914 GT replica...

I'd also like a nice, original Datsun 240Z for long
distance jaunts.

While I'm at it, I'd like a nicely restored Series I
Jaguar XJ6.  Or perhaps a Mercedes-Benz 280SE 4.5.
Maybe even a suicide-door Lincoln hardtop.  Just a
stately old luxury sedan for nights out at the opera.
I think any of the above three would cut a much finer
figure at the valet stand than a Pathfinder Armada...

Oooof.  You know what I really want?  An Alpine
Renault A110S.  Damn.  Now that's a car.  Put this one
up near the top of the list.

I'm not a big BMW fan, but I have to admit to poking
through eBay every once in a while in search of a
restorable 2800CS.  What a gorgeous, gorgeous coupe.

A Volvo P1800ES would be a nice "sport utility" to
have around, wouldn't it?  Nothing too nice, but just
a good beater daily driver.  A good ski car, camping
car, etc.  Plus, I could call it a "shooting brake"
just for laughs.

Oh!  I almost forgot!  Speaking of Sport Utility
Vehicles (or, in this case, just Utility Vehicles) I
want an old Land Rover 109, with the safari top.
Something from the 1960's when they were still really
pure.  I love those things.

Then if there's space in the garage, order me a brand
new Ural "retro" motorcycle with the sidecar.

Yep, that'd make me happy.

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005