Re: Your OTHER cars

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Your OTHER cars
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:28:12 -0700 (PDT)
--- Elliott and Martha DeGraff wrote:
> When I saw the message about the Yugo, I got the
> courage to write.  In January, I bought a 1994 Geo
> Metro.

A buddy and I were talking the other day about project
cars we'd like to build.  Just kinda BSing...  I was
going on and on about how I wanted to build a car to
compete at the Bonneville Salt Flats one day.  Nothing
huge, just something to compete in a sub-one-liter
class or something.  A simple streamliner powered by a
Kawasaki ZX9 engine or something.

But I digress...

He admitted that he wanted to build a "max MPG"
commuter car.  Something cheap and easy that would try
to get maximum efficiency from minimal "tech".  His
choice was a Geo Metro, stripped to the gills of
anything that weighed anything, with skinny little low
rolling resistance tires, two lightweight seats and
some streamlining stuff.  And not much else.  Try to
give the Prius a run for it's money for an eighth of
the cost.  It seems like it might be a fun idea!

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005
A vintage driving event in the spirit