Re: Tire Balancing

To: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire Balancing
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:51:41 +0100
Definitely, as the centre hole was only designed to make room for the axle
nut and so wasn't critically located, and way before centre-hole balancing
machines became the norm.  Abingdon are also on record as saying just how
non-concentric and out of round the Rostyles were, unlike the V8 alloys.  It
seems fairly common for UK tyre places to have a stud-mounting adapter - at
least the ones I use.  Even better is on-car balancing, but that *is* rare
over here.  Perhaps worth saying that the computer balancing machines can't
do centre-lock wheels properly either as they hold the wheels incorrectly,
using the inside face of the cone on both sides of the wheel.  The outer
face of the wheel needs an outside cone.

PaulH.