Re: Garage Find Bleeding Question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Garage Find Bleeding Question
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:09:01 -0400
----- Original Message -----

> Subject: Garage Find Bleeding Question
>
> Now I need help, how do I bleed a system that is totally dry? Lets assume
all
> of the wheel cylinders are okay. When I fill the reservoir, how does the
fluid
> get down to the cylinder with the line full of air. Should I just open all
the
> bleed screws and let it work its way down? Or should I bleed it like it
had
> fluid and have an assistant pump while I watch for bubbles?

The times I've done this, I've just done it like the last sentance.

> I'm not worried about bleeding the clutch slave, that line has fluid in
it, so
> a simple bleed should work.

hahaha. 'Simple' & 'bleeding clutch hydraulics' don't usually go together...
There is no check valve in the clutch system. I've never been able to get
the 'push the pedal & bleed from the slave cylinder' to work. I use a large
syringe to pull fluid out via a the bleed screw.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC