Re: Garage Find Bleeding Question

To: Eric J Russell <ejrussell@mebtel.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage Find Bleeding Question
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:04:47 -0500
Eric J Russell wrote:

> hahaha. 'Simple' & 'bleeding clutch hydraulics' don't usually go together...
> There is no check valve in the clutch system. I've never been able to get
> the 'push the pedal & bleed from the slave cylinder' to work. I use a large
> syringe to pull fluid out via a the bleed screw.

I always use the long clear plastic tube method on hydraulic clutches.

I run a long tube from the bleed screw to the clutch MC reservoir and
pump until there are no visible bubbles, then close the screw.

A comment I failed to make when replying about Brake MC's is also valid
here. Often problems in eliminating bubbles are caused by opening the
bleed-screw too far, so that air can leak around the threads.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
JJ Cale Live CD and video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm
The Wednesday Night Science Project: http://www.wednitesciproj.us