Now My TD

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Now My TD
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 20:12:30 -0400
Seems like the entire fleet is down.  Trying to get everything up and
running for a charity show for the University of Kentucky Children's
Hospital.  Which by the way is being held on the 28th of August at
Keeneland, if anybody is interested let me know and I will get you the
information.

Took the float bowl tops off and got a 3/8 inch dowel rod.  The rear carb is
the one that is gushing fuel and the front one is doing just fine.  Took the
rod and laid it across the tops as per the work shop manual and the carb
that is NOT leaking is way out of tolerance and the one that is leaking is
about right.  Wonder what gives.  I also cleaned out the bowls and blew air
(mine not compressed) and both seem to seal just fine.

Could there have been some dirt in the jets and that would cause them not to
seal and allow the rear bowl to over flow?

Thanks!

Mike R

Check out the new British Cars Forum: