Re: Now My TD

To: Mike Razor <mrazor@mis.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Now My TD
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 23:39:31 -0500
Mike Razor wrote:

> Seems like the entire fleet is down.  Trying to get everything up and
> running for a charity show for the University of Kentucky Children's
> Hospital.  Which by the way is being held on the 28th of August at
> Keeneland, if anybody is interested let me know and I will get you the
> information.
>
> Took the float bowl tops off and got a 3/8 inch dowel rod.  The rear carb is
> the one that is gushing fuel and the front one is doing just fine.  Took the
> rod and laid it across the tops as per the work shop manual and the carb
> that is NOT leaking is way out of tolerance and the one that is leaking is
> about right.  Wonder what gives.  I also cleaned out the bowls and blew air
> (mine not compressed) and both seem to seal just fine.
>
> Could there have been some dirt in the jets and that would cause them not to
> seal and allow the rear bowl to over flow?

Right idea, wrong terminology. Chances are it was (is) a bit of
something holding the float bowl needle valve open.

Jets are in the carb body; needle valves in the float bowls.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
JJ Cale Live CD and video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm
The Wednesday Night Science Project: http://www.wednitesciproj.us