Re: hard top moulding

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: hard top moulding
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:25:52 -0600
Monte,

If its the factory hard top, there are at least three sources for parts.
The only one that I  have seen pictures from is  Victoria British although
I would never order from them unless I absolutely had to. Their MGB catalog
has a half page with a picture and limited parts for the factory hard top.
They may have something online.

For my hard top, I got all the mouldings from Martin MacGregor -
http://www.macgregorukcarparts.com. He lists parts but had no pictures so I
had to ask about some of the parts before I ordered them to make sure they
were right. I get al my rubber mouldings from him because the quality and
fit are excellent.

A third place in Brown and Gammons. They are in the UK and have a great
selection of parts. I am missing a rear bracket for the rear quarter window
assembly and may have to order the whole assembly as a result, plastic
window and all. My plastic windows are not in that good of a shape anyway
but B & G sells the whole assembly for about what Victoria British wants
for just the plastic window and  that is with the current high exchange rate.

But in short, if you have a factory hardtop, parts are no problem. Use the
VB catalog to identify the part(s) if you need to.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B

At 09:31 PM 8/26/2004 -0500, MonteMorris wrote:
>I have a hard top I'd like to put new molding on for these Missouri winters.
>I can find no identifying characteristics anywhere on the hardtop, although
>from a few descriptions I've read it may be a MGB factory issue (black
>exterior, white interior, fiberglass, elongated triangular sidelights,
>single rear light).
>I've searched the web without much luck, trying to find  a distributor that
>has cross section reference pictures of the moldings. The closest I've found
>is JC Whitney online, but you can't enlarge the photos for correct ID of the
>moldings.
>Any suggestions?
>Thanks,
>Monte