factory hardtop

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: factory hardtop
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 10:19:00 -0500
I have a factory, "Works" style hardtop (http://www.propermg.com/mgh001.htm)
that came with our 67B that I haven't used. I'm going to use it on the 79B
daily driver this winter to block out some of the drafts caused by the soft
top.  To be fully functional, the hardtop is in need of all new seals and
the two "side locating brackets".
Thanks to your responses, I have located all parts at
Macgregor's.(http://www.macgregorukcarparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?)Scre
en=SFNT

I've ordered all the seals here, but hate to pay almost $40 each for the
small side locating brackets that fit into the side slots of  the top frame
sockets. Does anyone have a junk Works hardtop that they would sell the
brackets from? It doesn't matter if they are rusty, I can clean them up and
paint them.
Thanks for all the help locating the seals.
Monte
          79B, Carmine, with soon to be restored factory hardtop
          67B, BRG
          74 1/2 Rust, parts car

Check out the new British Cars Forum: