Throttle Shaft Leakage

To: MG Mail List <mgs@autox.team.net>, smarc@abs.net
Subject: Throttle Shaft Leakage
From: John Di Fede <difejo@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 09:12:03 -0700
Mark;

If you have HIF carbs, Then you can try this fix.  I used this method on my
HIF's and it worked fine.  All you need are four new bushings, two new throttle
shafts, and some materials from any good local hardware store or Home Depot.

It is an easy and inexpensive fix for HIF carbs since these carbs have their
bushings pressed into the carb housing.  All you do is knock out the old and
carefully tap in the new bushings.

E mail me if you need any additional info.

http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/techtips/mgb/152.html

John Di Fede
73 MGB