Strange place for a cotter pin

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Strange place for a cotter pin
From: DMatt21502@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:55:33 EDT
I was getting ready to attempt to stab my transmission to the clutch this
afternoon and I noticed at the bottom of my bellhousing right at the front
there
is a small hole. I assume this is for drainage. There is a cotter pin in this
hole and it seems to serve no useful purpose. Could be to keep the hole from
getting clogged up. Doesn't look like typical British Leyland engineering but
then who I to question them!!!! Should I leave it or pull it out? Also am
having a devil of a time trying to stab the transmission by myself. Any
creative
thoughts on doing this job alone. If I can't get it done tonight I will call my
son who benchpresses 275 and enlist his help tomorrow. My wife has no spirit
of adventure in this regard and clams her manicure takes precedence over my
LBC. Thanks Dave Matthews

Check out the new British Cars Forum: