'66 MBG Seat Upholstery

To: mg list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: '66 MBG Seat Upholstery
From: Douglas Gaither <dgaither@northeastassembly.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:33:19 -0700
Dear MG people,

I am finally installing the leather upholstery.  The bottoms weren't a
problem, but the backs have me concerned.  I've taped the card backing
onto the frame and the foam cushion seams very oversized.  In my "DIY
Guide" by Porter they are using a newer car with 'fitted' cushions.  My
cushion is just a flat piece of foam with an extra pad at the lower
back, with edging.  I purchased this from Moss.  Moreover the seat
cover (Mike Satur) look like they will be a tight fit over the frame.
And with an oversized cushion, this looks like a big mess.

How do I get the cushion to stay on the frame while I'm pulling the new
leather cover over it?  Can I tape it?  Glue it?  Some combination
thereof?

Doug

Check out the new British Cars Forum: