Re: Ds Smog Bolt Length

To: eugeneb@nni.com
Subject: Re: Ds Smog Bolt Length
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:37:54 -0400
Gene,
  The 3/4 inch will work. Measure the depth of the hole, compare to the
thread length of the air-rail bolts,  then note the length of the bolt
that you can turn into the hole.  Some have found that socket-head
setscrews work well and that they look good when turned in flush with
surface of the head.
Bob

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 16:51:25 -0400 "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>
writes:
> Listers,
>
>    What is the length of the 7/16-20 Socket Head screws
> used to replace the air rail for desmog ?    I have looked
> around and there is mention of the screw size, but no
> mention of the length.  I have found 3/4 and 1" localy. Any
> ideas ?
>
> Thanks,
>
>     Gene
>               80 B