RE: NO LBC content-need suggestions for free anti-virus

To: "MG list" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: NO LBC content-need suggestions for free anti-virus
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 22:16:11 -0500
I know of a number of people who have Norton and it hasn't worked, or has
screwed up their PC's.
I use Trend Micro PC-Cillin (www.trendmicro.com) and have since @ '98.  It
works great.  If you do their free online scan, and answer the questions
(you'll see), you can get 20% off the years subscription which is normally
$49.95.
I haven't run across a good free Internet Security suite.  Zone Alarm is a
good firewall, but I don't know of a good anti-virus that is free.
Oh, another recommended anti-virus is AVG by www.grisoft.com.
Have you gotten anything for spyware and adware?  I'd recommend Ad-aware
(free) and Spybot S&D (also free) as well as Spywareblaster (again free).
All of them are needed for complete (well, nearly complete) protection.
Just do a google search for their websites, I don't know them offhand.
HTH

Safety Fast!

Gordie Bird
'62 MGA