MGB tire size & source

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB tire size & source
From: lbcnut@att.net
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:47:17 +0000
Greetings,

I'm just visiting this list from Triumphland, although I've
been on this listserv since the days we were all one big
happy family (when there was only the "british-cars" list).
So I hope you won't hold my Triumph ownership against me. :-)
(My first car was a '68 Midget)

I'm writing on behalf on a net-impaired friend who has recently
bought a "barn find" MGB.  He knows very little about LBCs
and has turned to me with questions.  The car is (AFAIK) a
'76 "Anniversary Edition". (that's how he described it)

The car is still sitting where it has been for decades.  He
wants to trailer it home, but all the tires are flat.  The
local tire dealer tells him that tires to fit this car are no
longer available locally, and can only be found at Coker for
something like $200 per corner.  This sounds wrong to me, so
I'd told him I'd ask "the list".  ISTR this model B had unique
wheels.  So...

1) Are the unique wheels some unusual size?
2) Will wheels from other ~70s MGBs fit (in case we find a part car)
3) What is the tire.... errrr tyre size?

I'm on the digest mode for this list for now, so direct replies
appreciated.

adTHANKSvance

LBC'ing U,
Bob Sykes