Re: Speedo reads low after overdrive conversion

To: "Derek Vandivere" <derek@vandivere.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Speedo reads low after overdrive conversion
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:49:59 -0000
My information is that on rubber bumper cars the speedo and hence the pinion
(ratio at least) were the same for both OD and non-OD boxes, whereas they
had been different before that.  Maybe he used a CB OD.  I don't know if the
pinions are swappable, so maybe you will have to fit the appropriate speedo
for the OD, or get yours re-calibrated.

As far as the jerkiness is concerned maybe he also changed the cable (OD
cables were longer than non-OD), or maybe he didn't and there is a too-tight
turn.  Did you have and have you still got the right-angle drive down there?

PaulH.